Sunday 18 April, 2010

Blasting Saturday.

Woke up in the morning with hangover and bad stomach. Rarely I had faced such combo, any how the bad stomach surpassed my hangover and by 11-12 I was withering with stomach pain and weakness. Could have rested for the day with no food.Everything would have been alright but had already booked tickets to watch Mr Sachin “Reborn” Tendulkar, so no respite had to watch this one. No way my stomach could ruin my evening plan for watching Mumbai Indians VS Royal Challengers Bangalore.

Had little food and then started for the stadium. Was a little late as per my last experience, where we had to stand in queue for a very long time to get inside the stadium. Was little tense on this, as we would get in late/won’t get the favorable seats/what if Sachin got out early and I don’t get a chance to see his cover drive, all these took my mind off the stomach pain.

But luckily we reached on time, there was no rush to get in , we easily got to our A stand which was through gate 11 (this has importance). Friends who reached before had already blocked some seats. The view was awesome, the noise was deafening . We settled down on our seats with a glass of water, cold drinks and RCB flag. The RCB player were close to our stand practicing. Anytime the player came close to the boundary there was a huge cheer form the crowd. As my mind got accustomed to the environment my stomach got the priority , I started coping with it for some time but it was getting unbearable . Suddenly we heard a loud sound, all the players/people looked in the direction the sound came from. We definitely knew that it was no cracker.

Some people inquired about the sound , it was a blast.We panicked mainly because the match may not happen, the players left the field, the music, the side screen all was switched off. Everyone around started getting messages and call. Initially we got message it was generator failure , the 2 blast happened inside the generator , all of low intensity and desi standards. Any how my stomach blast has reached to its max by then and I had to rush somewhere :), when I came back everything was normal , the players were practicing , the music was on, the side screen showed matched delayed and will start at 5 pm.

Further news on the blast came as it happened at Gate number 12, security guards were injured but nothing serious. They found a live one also which was time triggered . The match started, no details on the match as RCB lost lost, lost badly :(, Mumbai Indians Blasted RCB. A better show was expected . We came out after the wicket of Virat, had to walk almost 1 km to get an auto. All these because of me as I wanted to go home early so thought auto would be a good idea over the bus. Most of the autos were full, others don’t want to go to my place, some were asking huge money it even started drizzling to add to our miseries . Finally we got one auto, agreed on 200 and all five of us sat in 1 auto and came back home.

Eventful day, late at night I thought how can they compromise players and people security by allowing the match to happen, that was simply ridiculous moreover RCB could have escaped the embarrassing loss.

Any way we came back safe.

Sadly all semis are moved to Mumbai. :(

No comments: